Our company is expanding and we’re looking to increase our clientele, demographics, and exposure!
We’re currently interested in having interns manage our editorial, marketing and art department(s). If you have a background, as well as, skill sets in journalism, marketing, promotions, graphic design, website design, and/ or photography… We want to hear from you!
Some of our current available positions provide exclusive access to the music and entertainment industries.However, our Internships are unpaid, but we will be open to providing college credits to qualified candidates. Many of our past interns have advanced to fully-salaried employees within the company and gained reputable relationships with industry insiders.
- Currently enrolled in a two or four year college preferred
- Prior experience in the specific field and/or retains the skill sets needed to perform your job duties and responsibilities
- Bi-lingual preferred (English mandatory)
- Great Customer Service and Speaking Skills
- Familiar with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects, and Sony Vegas
- Those applying for Videography/Photography should provide their own equipment
- Must have own transportation
- Can’t be star struck
- Photo Id
- Criminal Background check mandatory, but will consider eligible candidates
- Internships typically last for a single school year, but can be extended.
If you’re interested in becoming a Smash Block TV intern, email your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to email@example.com or call 717-82-smash
About The Departments
Applicants for editorial internships should have a background in creative writing, journalism, or online publishing. Editorial interns will assist with the research and writing of news stories, interviews, album reviews, and/or important event coverage. Interns may receive press passes to events and participate in phone and/or in-person interviews with Hip Hop artists, actors, athletes, models, or other personalities.
MARKETING & PROMOTIONS
Applicants for marketing internships should be outgoing, adventurous, and sociable. Marketing interns are often relied on to interact with the public at major Hip Hop events and represent the Smash Block TV brand at concerts, festivals, and industry conventions. General responsibilities include: creating visibility for the brand, updating websites, managing social media properties and distributing marketing materials (t-shirts, stickers, mixtapes, and banners.)
ART & DESIGN
Applicants for art department internships should have a background in graphic design, website design, digital illustration, or visual identity and branding. Applicants should have a strong knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator and a familiarity with basic principles of page layout, typography, logo design and branding.
Applicants for video department internships should have a background in editing video using Adobe Premiere or Sony Vegas, etc.
Applicants for video department internships should have a background in setup and film interviews, multi camera setup, wireless and wired microphones, multi-lighting setup.